- Posting Title: Consultant – ASP, net Software Developer, (HQ Gaza);
- Department/Office: United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA)
- Duty Station: HQ Gaza
- Posting Period: 19 December 2021 – 01 January 2022
- Job Opening Number: 21-UNRWA – Information Management-171179-Consultant
- Staffing Exercise N/A
Result of Service
UNRWA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from both women and men.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women. Only those applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. UNRWA is a non-smoking environment.
- Work Location
- The duration of the consultancy is 6 to 11 months, extendable according to performance and availability of funds.
- Remuneration for this consultancy will depend on fund availability, qualifications, and relevant experience as follows:
- Cluster A: Grade 10; $1,050.20.
- Cluster B: Grade 11; $1,164.30.
- Cluster C: Grade 12; $1,259.40.
- The incumbent will be only in Gaza.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs software development and maintenance tasks on applications to which assigned.
- Performs limited analysis tasks as assigned by the supervisor for the design, implementation, customization, and maintenance of Agency software applications.
- Assists in collecting and documenting user requirements and preparation of system and programme specifications.
- Assists in preparation of user manuals and other documentation for the systems and applications to which assigned.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A diploma degree, or university degree from an accredited educational institution in information technology, information management, computer science, or other related disciplines;
- Experience in IT and Software Development, or related experience.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in web applications development using ASP.Net and MS SQL Server; of which 1 year in using WCF, Web API’s using .Net framework & VB.Net/C#.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience in implementing multi-user systems.
- Experience in MS TFS or Azure DevOps
- Experience in rigorous testing and validation
- Good communications skills.
- Training skills and ability to make clear presentations.
- Team spirit and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to coordinate the work with others.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
The Consultant is responsible for designing and developing software solutions in HQG IT Service Center or supporting software development projects at UNRWA HQ Amman.