- Posting Title: Consultant – Web Developer – Drupal 8, (Local)
- Department/Office: United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA)
- Duty Station: HQ Gaza
- Posting Period: 19 December 2021 – 01 January 2022
- Job Opening Number: 21-UNRWA – Information Management-171183-Consultant
- Staffing Exercise N/A
Result of Service
UNRWA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from both women and men.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women. Only those applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. UNRWA is a non-smoking environment.
The incumbent can be in any of UNRWA fields of operations (Gaza, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, or West Bank)
- The duration of the consultancy is 6 to 11 months, extendable according to performance and availability of funds.
- Remuneration for this consultancy will depend on fund availability, qualifications, and relevant experience as follows:
- Cluster A: $1,300.
- Cluster B: $1,600.
- Cluster C: $1,800.
Duties and Responsibilities
ANALYSIS AND REQUIREMENTS GATHERING
- Gather complex system requirements by meeting with clients and researching existing technology to understand the business requirements and possible solutions for new applications.
DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
- Develop/change data input, files/database structures, data transformation, algorithms, and data output using appropriate computer language/tools to provide technical solutions for complex application development tasks.
- Document code and associated processes by adhering to development methodologies, adding code comments and appropriate documentation to the various knowledge-base system(s) to simplify code maintenance and improve support.
- Provide thought leadership in designing and developing innovative integrated solutions.
- Provide guidance in application design and development to more junior staff.
TESTING AND DOCUMENTATION
- Test all changes using the appropriate complex test scenarios to ensure all delivered solutions work as expected, and errors are handled meaningfully.
- Author and maintain documentation by writing audience-appropriate materials as technical and/or end-user references.
IMPLEMENTATION AND MAINTENANCE
- Implement changes by adhering to the change management policies and procedures for any given project to communicate to all parties the solution’s nature, significance, and risk factors.
- Monitor changes and resolve complex problems by responding as they occur, reviewing all processing and output of the newly implemented solution, and proactively ensuring the solution works successfully to satisfy the customer requirements and provide a smooth transition to the new solution.
- Provide support by investigating and resolving issues, including complex issues, to ensure prompt, effective service.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- A university degree from an accredited educational institution in information technology, information management, computer science, or other related disciplines;
- Experience in web applications design and delivery for the public cross-culture audience as per the following:
- Cluster A: A minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Cluster B: A minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Cluster C: A minimum of 7 years of experience.
- Expert knowledge of Drupal 8 theming, module configuration, custom module development, security.
- Expert knowledge of RESTful services
- Expert knowledge of PHP and MySQL, PHP frameworks (Symfony, Zend).
- Working knowledge of Drush, Drupal Composer, Docker containers
- Demonstrable experience with UI and UX principles, concepts, and techniques.
- Demonstrable success on Drupal projects as a technical lead or senior individual contributor.
- Experience participating in Agile projects.
- Familiarity with Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jenkins, AWS Cloud Services.
- Experience upgrading and migrating legacy web applications.
- Experience with React and Electron framework.
- Headless / decoupled Drupal development.
- Experience with WordPress website design and development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- A high degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision.
- A High level of personal integrity and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- Ability to deliver quality results.
- Teamwork and collaborative skills.
- Excellent time management, organization, and attention to detail.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Demonstrable critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving, and constantly evolving high-growth environment.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
- Ability to execute assigned project tasks within an established schedule.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.